The Ina Coolbrith Circle
THE GATHERING 14
Call for submissions to The Ina Coolbrith Circle 2017 Poetry Anthology
Fellow Circle Members: ICC will publish THE GATHERING 14 in the fall of 2017. Please begin selecting work that you would like to submit for the forthcoming issue of our anthology.
Each member is entitled to have at least one poem published in Gathering 14.
To give our editorial committee the opportunity for selection, send 5 poems which you would like to see in
The Gathering 14. Poems will be accepted at the Committee’s discretion. Please submit your best quality work. Postmark Deadline for Submissions: July 15, 2017
1. An anthology of poems by members of the Ina Coolbrith Circle will be published in 2017 and go on sale at the Circle Banquet this fall.
2. Poems may be published or unpublished. If previously published, be sure to include information (name of book, magazine, anthology, or other and year of publication). If a poem has won a prize, note instructions at 6e. below. Poems submitted for The Gathering 14 are eligible for entry in ICC's 2017 Poetry Contest.
3. DEADLINE: Entries must be postmarked no later than Saturday, July 15, 2017.
4. NUMBER OF POEMS: Each member must submit FIVE poems.
5. LINE LIMIT: Since each member is entitled to one page length is limited to 32 lines per poem (space between stanzas counts as a line). If a line contains more than 48 characters (including spaces) it will be counted as TWO lines. If preparing on a digital device please use 12 point Times Roman.
6. SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS:
a. Please type SINGLE SPACE in the form you wish your work to appear and proofread carefully. (Note: We do NOT accept poems typeset in ALL CAPITAL LETTERS.)
b. Unless there is a clear reason for your poem to be centered please use professional flush left form.
c. Submit three (3) CLEAR copies of each poem on 8 1/2 x 11 paper. Clear photocopies are acceptable.
d. Type your name and address ABOVE the poem in the upper right-hand portion.
e. Type any awards the poem has won, and any publication in which it has appeared, BELOW the poem in the lower left-hand portion. BE SPECIFIC, i.e., First Prize, Nature; Poets’ Dinner, 2004; Third Prize, Poet's Choice, ICC Annual Poetry Contest, 2015. (Note: we do not cite honorable mentions.)
f. Enclose a stamped, self-addressed POSTCARD if you wish to be notified re poem(s) accepted.
g. Please use ample postage when mailing poems.
7. ADDRESS SUBMISSIONS TO:
338 Valley View Drive